Testosterone cypionate cycle increases the absorption of calcium in the gastrointestinal tract and its binding to bone. The use of calcium and vitamin D 3 inhibits increased production of parathyroid hormone (which is a stimulator of bone resorption increased (calcium loss from the bones).
Vitamin D 3 is absorbed in the small intestine. Calcium absorbed in the ionized form in the proximal small intestine by active, vitamin D-dependent transport mechanism.
Indications for use:
It is used as a therapeutic and prophylactic agent:
- for the prevention and comprehensive treatment of osteoporosis;
- replenishment of calcium and vitamin D 3 in the elderly.
- hypersensitivity to one of the components of the preparation (including peanuts or soybeans);
- intolerance to some sugars: lactose, sucrose, sorbitol, fructose;
- pulmonary tuberculosis in an active form;
- hypercalcemia (high blood calcium – in individuals with enhanced function of the parathyroid glands);
- hypercalciuria (high urinary excretion of calcium);
- urolithiasis (formation of calcium stones);
- sarcoidosis tumors and bone metastases;
- osteoporosis due to prolonged immobilization;
- overdose of vitamin D3.Precautions:
Precautions to take the drug for people with renal failure, benign granulomatosis.Pregnancy and lactation:
During pregnancy and lactation, the daily dose should not exceed 1500 mg calcium and 600 IU of vitamin D3. Overdose during pregnancy can lead to poor mental and physical development of the child.Calcium and vitamin D3 pass into the breast milk.
Should be Natekal D3 is not more than 1 tablet per day during pregnancy and lactation.
Dosage and administration:
Before use, check with your doctor. For adults only. Tablets should be chewed or sucked, but not swallowed whole.
As a preventive measure: 1-2 chewable tablets per day, preferably during meals.
For the treatment of osteoporosis and to make up for deficiency of calcium and vitamin D3 in the elderly: a course and dosage recommended by your doctor.
Symptoms: thirst, polyuria, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, constipation, dizziness, weakness, headache, fainting, coma; long-term use: calcification of vessels and tissues. Laboratory indicators of an overdose: hypercalciuria, hypercalcemia (calcium in the plasma of about 2.6 mmol).
Treatment: testosterone cypionate cycle rehydration, “loop” diuretics, corticosteroids, calcitonin, bisphosphonates, calcium diet with restriction hemodialysis.
Interaction with other drugs:
- the activity of vitamin D3 may be reduced when concomitant use of phenytoin or barbiturates;
- while the treatment of cardiac glycosides requires control of ECG and clinical condition of the patient, because calcium increases the risk of toxicity of cardiac glycosides;
- while the use of medication and antibiotics tetracycline and fluoroquinolone interval between doses should be not less than 3 hours, as Vitamin D3 and calcium to increase the absorption of fluoroquinolones and tetracyclines gastrointestinal tract;
- decreased absorption of the bisphosphonate or sodium fluoride, while the use of the drug;
- corticosteroids reduce calcium absorption;
- while the use of thiazide diuretics group increases the risk of hypercalcemia by increasing calcium reabsorption from the lumen of the renal tubules. Furosemide and other “loop” diuretics, on the contrary, increase the excretion of calcium by the kidneys;
- simultaneous treatment agents cholestyramine or laxatives based on mineral or vegetable oil can reduce the absorption of vitamin D3;
- acid reaction of food increases, and weakly alkaline reaction products reduce the absorption of calcium.
In the period of treatment testosterone cypionate cycle is necessary to constantly monitor the excretion of calcium in the urine and the concentration of calcium and creatinine in the blood plasma. The dose should be reduced or suspended drug treatment in case of an increase of calcium concentration in blood or serum creatinine, or if the level of calcium in the urine of more than 7.5 mmol / 24 hours (300 mg / 24 hours). To avoid overdose should be considered an additional intake of vitamin D3 from the other sources. Do not use simultaneously with vitamin-mineral complexes, containing calcium and vitamin D3. Older people need for calcium is 1.5 g / day of vitamin D3 – 500 -1000 IU / day. To avoid reducing the absorption of bisphosphonate or sodium fluoride is recommended to take NATEKAL D3 no earlier than 3 hours after administration. Corticosteroids reduce calcium absorption, so treatment with corticosteroids may require increased doses NATEKAL D3.